Thursday 17 March 2016

Refresh Transformer Cube from UNIX

So I was able to successfully made my cubes refresh from UNIX. Here are the steps:
First, set the processing option to “On the server”. This can be found in the Processing tab of the cube properties:
Next change the deployment folder. Use UNIX syntax. Note that Transformer will not be able to verify the folder that is specified so it is important that the correct directory path is given.


Almost there. The command line should be edited to that which is compatible with UNIX. Here is the syntax I used based on the cube from the previous post:
./cogtr -c -lS1=’admin/admin123′ -g’My Cube’ -m’/cube/location/in/unix/mycube.mdl’
A few reminders:
1. avoid using cube names or deployment folders with spaces
2. avoid using uppercase in cube or folder names as well as UNIX is case sensitive
I have not discovered how to properly set the location of the log files so I redirect the output to a file to save my logs:
./cogtr -c -lS1=’admin/admin123′ -g’My Cube’ -m’/cube/location/in/unix/mycube.mdl’ >> /logfolder/mycube.log

No comments:

Post a Comment